Tis a bit of a long post, but worth the read if your patient . . .
Today is my 32nd birthday and I feel blessed to be positioned to create and work in building my entrepreneurial empire (*claiming*multiple streams of income)! I’ve been up to quite a few things in recent months including loosing a total of 26 pounds and I don’t know how many inches. Just know that on February 19th of this year I was 246 pounds wearing a size 22/24 and today, May 14th, I weigh 220 pounds wearing a size 16/18. Shout out to my personal trainer, Jarod and Pilates. Oh, and GO ME!!! This past Saturday I climbed Stone Mountain with a group of girlfriends and we made it to the top in under thirty minutes and posed for a photo op, of course *wink*. I rocked my natural hair with an afro that has affectionately become known as Fraggle Rock (you remember the cartoon) and I feel fantastic!
In discovering some dynamic things about myself and getting back to doing more for self, I would love to share with you thirty-two candid facts that you may or may not know about me, The Pampered Sweet Tooth:
1) I. Love. Italian. Cuisine. My favorite restaurant is Carrabba’s.
2) I walk around with a soundtrack in my head of various songs like Mary Mary Go Get It. My students find it hilarious, specifically, during class when the mood suits me to belt out what’s in rotation.
3) Baking and music calm me. When I can’t sleep at 2am, I’ve been known to go into my kitchen and bake while sorting through the things that are keeping me awake.
4) I am an early bird and night owl, never having really used an alarm clock, at all. For some reason I’m up at least an hour before I need to be anywhere.
5) Thrill seeking or an adrenaline rush makes me happy. Amusement parks are the best! Part of my retirement plan would be to travel nationally and internationally to all major theme/amusement parks. I want to go skydiving and zip lining, but no close friends and family share the enthusiasm to do so. I wonder why!?
6) I know that prayer is powerful to express thanks, wants, needs, and keeping a level head.
7) The movie Grease is my favorite musical and I can belt out the entire soundtrack . . . on key with no pitch problems, according to the reviews by my ears and performance in my bathroom mirror.
8 ) Movies are my theatrical staycations. I am a movie buff. I shed tears for Doby from Harry Potter and I’m Team Edward from Twilight. Judge not! The Breakfast Club, The Goonies, and Some Kind of Wonderful are three of my favorite movies. 300 and Avatar are two of the most visually stunning movies I’ve seen; outstanding cinematography!
9) I may be a bit of a lush When opportunity presents, I want to get my sommilier certification. I’m a Red Head, but I love and embrace not only drinking various libations, but the knowledge and learning experience of the culture behind them.
10) My laugh is boisterous and comedians are a gift to humankind! I can have a potty mouth, but I’ve learned to filter based on location and audience.
11) I eat sweets daily, but not in the portion size that I used to consume. One of the best cheesecake flavors that I like baking and eating is Key Lime Raspberry.
12) My type A personality, sarcasm, control freak nature, candid disposition, unorthodox persona, and creative range are a Catch 22, but it’s all of who I am.
13) According to my two favorite girls (my nieces, Taneia and Sa’Nyia) I am “The BEST auntie EVER!”.
14) I still check out books at the library and have accumulated what I think is a Guinness World Record for late fees . . . $60 back in 2005. *hangs head in shame*
15) I DO NOT operate in gray areas, nor do I like for people to send me indirect messages threatening me personally or professionally through social media. That’s what telephones and effective communication are for.
16) I frequent consignment and thrift shops, yard sales, and clearance isles for vintage display/dessert vessels, jewelry, dresses, handbags, and kitchen equipment. Still have yet to find a good, old fashioned, seasoned cast iron skillet.
17) I’m not a formally trained baker, but hanging at the apron strings of my aunts and grandmother as well as reading everything I could get my hands on has developed my skill level.
18) I feel more comfortable speaking in front of thousands as opposed to five or six people. As much as I like to talk, go figure.
19) Edgar Allan Poe is one of my favorite 19th Century writers. Wonder if he had a favorite dessert!? My love of literature and words build my extensive vocabulary and Scrabble score.
20) I like ice cream, but I LOVE GELATO! My favorite flavor is Strawberry Stracciatella. Would love to see my own brand in store freezers one day. Who knows . . . *writing it down*.
21) Loyalty is important to me and I exercise that in my friendships and relationships with family. I don’t like liars or leeches!
22) Cooking is one of my favorite things, along with pairing the proper wine for each dish. Spicy is good! Remember #9. Guess, I can boldly state that my kitchen is where the magic happens.
23) Strawberries and peaches are my favorite fruits. Broccoli and spinach are my favorite vegetables.
24) I love handbags more than I love shoes.
25) Seafood is a must at least twice a week for me. Salmon is my favorite fish. One of the best dishes prepared in my kitchen is Sea Scallops on a bed of fresh sauteed spinach, topped with two interlocked sauteed prawns, paired with Riesling or Sauvingnon Blanc. Dont’ forget #22. Perhaps I need to prepare this as a post for my Savory Sunday’s section.
26) Entertaining is a life line for me. I only currently possess 207 pieces of stemware, ranging from champagne and martini glasses to snifters and stemless wine glasses. For some reason, my friends and family think I’m a glass hoarder *shrugs shoulders* .
27) I’m a serious gamer and adore game nights with family and friends. Taboo, Phase 10, Pokeno, Monopoly, but not Spades (never learned how to play well) are a few games that I dominate.
28) Sustainability is important to me in my personal and professional life.
29) I’m a nerd, geek, whatever synonym you deem suitable. Well read about my loves and interest, and continuing my formal and informal education matriculation.
30) I’m a self-less giver and recently discovered over the past month and two weeks that I’ve given of myself to others, so much so that I gave me away. You will, however, be happy to know that my process aptly named, Getting Back to San, has commenced and falling in love with me again feels fabulous!
31) Excited is an understatement to describe how I feel about where I’m taking my brand. Two words . . . Sweet Mediums. Don’t worry you will know more about it in coming month’s.
32) I’ve always known that passion, resiliently, hard work, and time would position me to excel beyond anything that I could think or ask.
Whew! Now that it is all scribed, please share with me here and/or on my Facebook or Twitter pages three facts; known or unknown that you would like for me and the reading audience to know. Cheers and Happy 32nd Birthday to me, your Pampered Sweet Tooth!